Monday 2 February 2009

AM I COMPLETELY INSANE??
Well here we are at the beginning of February and I've made yet another life changing decision!!
Last night, with the help of a friend I entered myself for the Moonwalk in Edinburgh on 20th June this year!! It's a 26 mile walk, during which you are expected tp prominantly display your bra and starts at midnight in aid of breast cancer.
What made me enter?? I'm not entirely sure really, I did it for many reasons. I'm already on my sponsored slim with proceeds going to the British Heart Foundation (in memory of my Dad xxx) so it will certainly aid my weight loss. I just love a challenge and the more people say that I can't do it the more I will try! (after all I am a typical virgo - a perfectionist and I like things to be right!)
I was laid in bed this morning after our son had got up at 7:00 and whereas normally I would turn over and go back to sleep for an hour or so, I got up and put my joggers and trainers on and went into the gym on the walker - it was snowing heavily outside.
Ipod on and what I did realise that my Mamma Mia CD was just what I needed for my walkout! 'The Winner Takes it All', 'Money Money Money', 'Lay all your love on Me'. The majority of Abba songs are fantastic to listen too whilst your walkin and they always manage to make me smile as I recall the stage show and movie as I'm listening. I'm sure I'll get to love the CD all the more and find more Cd's to help me on my travels.
I was only able to do 2.5 miles (42 mins!) as Ray had to go out but I managed to do them at 4 miles per hour so I'm on track for my training programme. Benji is at school at 1:00 today so I intend to go back in and do some more!
No turning back, its started......... Thank's Caz (and Andy!)
Love
Ellie
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You will do this...and i can't wait to see your face when you cross that finish line :) I'm right with you hun, and think about every step being the walk forward for the rest of your life....40 and healthy xxxx

    ReplyDelete