Thursday 12 February 2009

Finding time

Well as I said my trainer extrodinaire came at the weekend along with my walking partner and we had a lovely time catching up and talking walking!


Andy got me in the gym on Saturday for what I thought was going to be an easy 3 mile stroll to see how I go on. Instead I got a bloody hard 5miler so he could see how I coped with differant speeds to work out my heart rate zones! It has to be said though I did enjoy it and felt better for doing (don't tell him though he might make me do 10 miles next time!).

I've not been able to go outside because of the weather being that bad. Not that I'm a fair weather walker it's just that it's been very icy and the last thing I need at this moment it to break my leg or something daft!

The only problem I have had this week is finding time to fit in my exercise. I seem to have been rushing around in all directions.

Monday I only had an hour but managed 3.5 miles in that time. Tuesday was a silly busy day but my Garmin forerunner arrived so I just had to try that out and did 1.5 miles. Wednesday I did 6 miles but knocked my time right down to 94 minutes and burnt 660 calories soI felt really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment